Please note: Even if you don’t know any other Trust Members, please don’t see that as a hurdle. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be very happy to give you more information about what’s involved in being a board member. It’s a great way to connect with other Cheltenham fans and learn about how the club operates, as well as being involved in discussions about things we can do to make things run even more smoothly.
The election will follow the following process:
- The Trust board currently has 8 members. Trust rules say that the board will consist of no fewer than 6 and no more than 16 members.
- The election will be run by an Election Management Group consisting of one member of the Trust board (who is not standing for re-election) and an independent scrutineer.
- James Young (Robins Trust) was chosen to organise the election as per a Board Meeting on Wednesday, 13 September 2023, and Robert Whittaker Blackpool Supporters Trust has agreed to be the independent scrutineer.
- In line with the elections policy, Leo Hoenig, John Cooper, Simon Watten and Sam Lear will stand down by rotation after their respective two-year board terms.
- As per Trust Election rules, anyone standing for election shall be a fully paid member of the society, and be nominated by two other full society members.
- Nominees may supply a statement supporting their nomination as per rule 6 of the Trust Election Policy. Statements may not exceed 1,000 words, and may include a photograph. In the event of an election being required, a candidate who has not submitted a statement in advance will be given an opportunity to provide one
- All statements will be published on the web site, robinstrust.org (whether or not an election is required)
- As per rule 5 of the Trust Election Policy, it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure their candidacy is valid as per the terms above.
- The timetable for the 2023 election will be: i. No later than October 26 2023: Notice of AGM and election circulated to all members. ii. November 9 2023 (midday): Deadline for receipt of nominations and candidate statements. iii. November 10 2023 : In the event of a ballot being required, any candidate that has not submitted a statement will be invited to submit one iv. In the week beginning November 13 2023 an announcement will be made as to whether a ballot will be necessary. A ballot will be necessary if the number of nominations EXCEEDS 12. If so, the following will happen: v. November 13 2023: Candidate statements for all candidates seeking election will be published on the Trust website. vi. November 16 2023: voting forms and candidate statements and means for proxy or email voting, will be sent to Trust members. vii. November 23, 2023: Election count and announcement will take placed at the Robins Trust AGM.
- In the event that the number of nominations is equal to or fewer than available positions on the Board (11) or less, those nominees will progress through to the AGM for ratification by members.
- The new Robins Trust board will meet for a general board meeting within ONE month of the AGM.
Click HERE for a Robins Trust Board Member nomination form.
All forms, and corresponding confirmation messages from proposers must be sent to email@example.com by the relevant dates listed above.