The election will follow the following process:
- The Trust board currently has 9 members. Trust rules say that the board will consist of no fewer than 6 and no more than 16 members
- The election will be run by an Election Management Group consisting of one member of the Trust board (who is not standing for re-election) and an independent scrutineer.
- Leo Hoenig (Robins Trust) was chosen to organise the election as per a Board Meeting on Wednesday, 21 September 2022, and Robert Whittaker Blackpool Supporters Trust has agreed to be the independent scrutineer.
- In line with the elections policy, James Young, David Beesley, Jenny Hancock and Jaimie Henderson will stand down by rotation after their respective two year board terms.
- As per Election rules, anyone standing for election shall be a fully paid member of the society, and be nominated by two other full society members.
- Nominees will also be asked to supply a statement supporting their nomination as per rule 6 of the Trust Election Policy.
- As per rule 5 of the Trust Election Policy, it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure their candidacy is valid as per the terms above.
- The timetable for the 2022 election will be:
- On or before September 29, 2022: Notice of AGM and election circulated to all members.
- October 13, 2022 (midday) : Deadline for receipt of nominations.
- In the week beginning October 17 an announcement will be made as to whether a ballot will be necessary. A ballot will be necessary if the number of nominations EXCEEDS 11.
If so, the following will happen:
- Candidates that have not submitted an election statement have until midday on October 20, 2022 to submit a statement for publication.
- October 20, 2022: Candidate statements for all candidates seeking election will be published on the Trust website.
- On or before October 20, 2022: voting forms and candidate statements and means for proxy or email voting, will be sent to Trust members.
- November 17, 2022: Election count and announcement will take placed at the Robins Trust AGM.
- In the event that the number of nominations is equal to or fewer than available positions on the Board (11) or less, those nominees will progress through to the AGM for ratification by members.
- The new Robins Trust board will meet for a general board meeting within ONE month of the AGM.
Click HERE for a Robins Trust Board Member nomination form
All forms, and corresponding confirmation messages from proposers must be sent to email@example.com by the relevant dates listed above.