The election will follow the following process:
- The Trust board currently has 8 members. Trust rules say that the board will consist of no fewer than 6 and no more than 16 members.
- The election will be run by an Election Management Group consisting of one member of the Trust board (who is not standing for re-election) and an independent scrutineer.
- Leo Hoenig (Robins Trust) was chosen to organise the election as per a Board Meeting on Tuesday, October 6 2020. Neil Le Milliere (Exeter City Supporters Trust) has agreed to be the independent scrutineer.
- At the Trust Board meeting on October 6 2020, it agreed that all board members with the exception of Leo Hoenig would apply for re-election.
- As per Trust rules, anyone standing for election shall be a fully paid member of the society, and be nominated by two other full society members.
- Nominees will also be asked to supply a statement supporting their nomination as per rule 6 of the Trust Election Policy. Statements should be at least 400 words long and no longer than 1000 words. If a candidate’s statement has more 1000 words, it will be truncated and text will be inserted below stating “The candidate’s statement has exceeded the permitted amount and has therefore been truncated”. The number of words counted shall be decided using Microsoft Word.
- As per rule 5 of the Trust Election Policy, it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure their candidacy is valid as per the terms above.
- The timetable for the 2020 election will be:
- On or before 21 October, 2020: Notice of AGM and election circulated to all members.
- Midday, November 6. 2020: Deadline for receipt of nominations. 3.In the week beginning November 9, 2020 an announcement will be made as to whether a ballot will be necessary. A ballot will be necessary if the number of nominations EXCEEDS 15.
If so, the following will happen:
- On or before November 16 2020: Candidate statements for all candidates seeking election will be published on the Trust website.
- On or before November 23 2020: voting forms and candidate statements and means for proxy or email voting, will be sent to Trust members.
- November 30 2020: AGM – Final date for receipt of votes, and results to be announced.
- In the event that the number of nominations is equal to or fewer than available positions on the Board (15) or less, those nominees will progress through to the AGM for ratification by members.
- The new Robins Trust board will meet for a general board meeting within ONE month of the AGM.
- If any member needs any information regarding the nomination process or any aspect of the election then please contact the Independent Scrutineer directly, enquires will be dealt with strict confidence. Neil can be contacted by email at Neil_le_Milliere@btinternet.com or by phone on 07946 615889. Click HERE for a Robins Trust Board Member nomination form All forms, and corresponding confirmation messages from proposers must be sent to Neil_le_Milliere@btinternet.com by the relevant dates listed above.