The election will follow the following process:
- The election will be run by an Election Management Group consisting of one member of the Trust board and an independent scrutineer.
- Leo Hoenig (Robins Trust) was chosen to organise the election as per a Board Meeting on Tuesday, October 6 2020. Neil Le Milliere (Exeter City Supporters Trust) has agreed to be the independent scrutineer.
- Eligibility for the role of FED is set out in the Trust’s Fan Elected Director rules and any nominee must agree to be bound by those rules.
- Nominees will also be asked to supply a statement supporting their nomination as per rule 6 of the Trust Election Policy. Statements should be at least 400 words long and no longer than 1000 words. If a candidate’s statement has more 1000 words, it will be truncated and text will be inserted below stating "The candidate’s statement has exceeded the permitted amount and has therefore been truncated". The number of words counted shall be decided using Microsoft Word.
- The timetable for the election of the FED will be as follows:
- On or before 21 October, 2020: Notice of AGM and election circulated to all members.
- Midday, November 6. 2020: Deadline for receipt of nominations.
- In the week beginning November 9, 2020 an announcement will be made as to whether a ballot will be necessary. A ballot will be necessary if there is more than one nomination.
If so, the following will happen:
- November 16 2020: Candidate statements for all candidates seeking election will be published on the Trust website.
- November 23 2020: voting forms and candidate statements and means for proxy or email voting, will be sent to Trust members.
- November 30 2020: AGM – Final date for receipt of votes, and results to be announced.
- If any member needs any information regarding the nomination process or any aspect of the election then please contact the Independent Scrutineer directly, enquires will be dealt with strict confidence. Neil can be contacted by email at Neil_le_Milliere@btinternet.com or by phone on 07946 615889. Click HERE for a Fan Elected Director Nomination Form. All forms, and corresponding confirmation messages from proposers must be sent to Neil_le_Milliere@btinternet.com by the relevant dates listed above.