NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY, ELECTIONS TO THE SOCIETY BOARD permalink
DATE: Thursday, November 28th, 2019 at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium. TIME: 7.30pm start. The Robins Trust Board is pleased to confirm that our Annual General Meeting, elections to the Trust Board and Fans Forum will take place on November 28th . Nominations are now open for election to the Trust board with details of how to submit your nomination below. As per the 2017 Trust AGM, it was agreed to align the board elections with the Trust AGM.
The election will follow the following process:
- The Trust board currently has 7 members. Trust rules say that the board will consist of no fewer than 6 and no more than 16 members.
- The election will be run by an Election Management Group consisting of one member of the Trust board (who is not standing for re-election) and an independent scrutineer.
- Richard Allsopp (Robins Trust) was chosen to organise the election as per a Board Meeting on Monday 9th September 2019. After consultation with the Football Supporters Association (FSA), (Name TBC) has agreed to be the independent scrutineer).
- At the Trust Board meeting on 9th September 2019, it was confirmed that at the 2018 elections, half of the board members were chosen by ballot to stand down, therefore at the 2019 elections, the remaining board members who didn’t stand down last year, will do so this year.
- As per Trust rules, anyone standing for election shall be a fully paid member of the society and be nominated by two other full society members.
- Nominees will also be asked to supply a statement supporting their nomination as per rule 6 of the Trust Election Policy.
- As per rule 5 of the Trust Election Policy, it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure their candidacy is valid as per the terms above.
- The timetable for the 2019 election will be:
i. Thursday 3rd October 2019: Notice of AGM and election circulated to all members.
ii. Thursday 31st October 2019: Deadline for receipt of nominations and candidate statements.
iii. In the week beginning 4th November 2019 an announcement will be made as to whether a ballot will be necessary. A ballot will be necessary if the number of nominations EXCEEDS 11. If so, the following will happen:
iv. Thursday 7th November 2019: Candidate statements for all candidates seeking election will be published on the Trust website.
v. Thursday 14th November 2019: voting forms and candidate statements and means for proxy or email voting, will be sent to Trust members.
vi. Thursday 28th November 2019: Election count and announcement will take placed at the Robins Trust AGM.
- In the event that the number of nominations is equal to or fewer than available positions on the Board (11) or less, those nominees will progress through to the AGM for ratification by members.
- The new Robins Trust board will meet for a general board meeting within ONE month of the AGM.
Click HERE for a Robins Trust Board Member nomination form All forms, and corresponding confirmation messages from proposers must be sent to email@example.com by the relevant dates listed above.